Frequently Asked Questions
Last Updated: August 10, 2022
The Scooters & Customer Support
We offer new motorbike only. Almost all of them are 2023 bikes, some are 2019-2020. All of them are perfect-condition and regularly maintained to ensure the quality for riding.
- Immediate check after collecting from customers
- Re-check before delivering to new customers
- Weekly maintenance
Our scooters always come with handy accessories helping you have a smooth and safe riding:
- High-quality helmets with visor (each motorbike comes with 3-4 different size helmets, so you can choose which ones fitting your head). However, we always recommend you bring your own helmet for best fitment and comforttable.
- Mobile phone holder (attaching mobile phone for navigation with Google Maps or Maps.Me)
- Medical first aid kits in case of accident (our customers oten use medical to help other people on the way)
- A very helpful email for a list of interesting attractions in and around Hoi An (with Google Maps links for the best route to My Son, Ba Na Hills, Countryside, hidden beaches, list of gas stations,…)
No. Unlike other motorbike rental shops in Vietnam that bring you scooter with almost empty tanks, we bring you motorbike with absolutely full tank. Just get the bike and go. You do not have to find a gas station.
When you return the motorbike, you can choose to fill the tanks up or pay for the difference (fuel you would use). In case you will not fill the tanks, you will be charged even cheaper than any gas station. Pay for the difference is recommended. We would like to make sure no overcharge or scam happened with you at the gas station.
Well, it will be an unexpected case. You and we don’t want any issue to happen on the way, but it may happen. In that case, we are always ready to assist you. Please catch us via any contact as below:
- Phone: + 84 9356 40064 (WhatsApp available)
- Facebook: facebook.com/HoiAnScootersRental
How to Book a Scooter/motorbike?
It should be easy for you. You can choose any methods as below to book a scooter/motorbike. The easiest is text us a message via WhatsAp or Facebook:
- Online booking from the link https://hoianscootersrental/booking
- Text or call us via WhatsApp +84 935 640064
- Send an email to booking@hoianscootersrental
- Facebook Messenger: facebook.com/hoianscootersrental
- Or ask a receptionist at your hotel to call us via the number 093 564 0064
You can book a scooter/motorbike anytime you want. We will be not sure, but we almost always have a great condition motorcycle available for you. We will try to arrange delivery to you within 10-20 minutes after you contact us or finish the booking the bike.
- Text or call us via WhatsApp +84 935 640064
- Facebook Messenger: @hoianscootersrental
- Request a receptionist at your stay to call us via phone 0935 64 00 64
Passport is the most important document for any traveler. Thus we will never ask to keep them. We don’t required ID to hire a motorbike from us. However, we will need a copy of your passport (either a scan or photo).For deposit of the bikes, you can choose to leave a driving license, credit card (rider ‘s or passenger ‘s is fine), or cash (any currency is accepted).
Of course! Plans change sometimes, and you can always cancel or modify your reservation. Cancellation at no extra cost is possible at any time more than 3 hours before the start of the rental period.No charge, no complaint. Just let us know your cancellation via email firstname.lastname@example.org or WhatsApp +84 9356 40064.
When you hire scooter from us, you can pay with cash or with bank transfer. We accept all main currencies like Vietnamese Dong, US Dollar, Euro, Australian Dollar, British Pound, Japanese Yen etc.
Yes. We offer delivery and pickup motorbike at any place in Hoi An without service charge (hotel, homestay, cafe, shop,…). For delivery/pickup to outside of Hoi An (such as Da Nang), a nominal charge is applied as below:
- 10 km from the centre of Hoi An: $3/one way
- 20 km from the centre of Hoi An: $5/one way
- 30 km from the centre of Hoi An: $7/one way
We do hope that our customers are not going to experience any problem. In the event of problems, we do hope no serious injury is caused to our customers. If customers experience bikes’ losses, we will estimate reasonable cost upon usage time of the bikes. The cost will be fluctuating from $600.00 – $1,800. If customers experience bikes’ damage, we will work with the respective Warranty Center to estimate reimbursement.
Scooter accessories are reimbursed as follows:
- Rain Poncho: $5
- Medical First Aid Kit: $5
- Phone Holder: $5
- 3/4-Face Helmet: $30
RIDING when intoxicated is illegal. Therefore we always recommend you either take a taxi home or take a pillion seat with a sober friend. Call us at +84 9356 40064 (WhatsApp available) for bringing the scooter back to your accommodation for free. Your safety is the most important.
Tips for Riding in Hoi An
By law, you need it. Everybody needs to have a driving license for riding >50cc scooter/motorbike in Vietnam. But police in Hoi An and surroundings (Da Nang, My Son, Hai Van Pass,…) almost never stop foreign travelers. So no worries about this.
The most important tip is to always ride the bike slowly and carefully. In addition, you should put these tips into your mind:
- Always wear helmets for your safety
- Ride at the right side
- Not be afraid of pushing the horn
- Don’t ride your bike back when intoxicated, instead, take a taxi. In case of being drunk, call us for support of bringing the bike back to your hotel
- Be extra careful when passing or turning at the crossroads (even at the crossroads with traffic lights because there might be people running red lights)
- Avoid the highway as much as possible. Search Google Maps for village roads that are much more safe and beautiful
Hoi An is not a very crowded city and has quite good traffic. Therefore, it’s safe and convenient to ride scooters here. Of course, you also need to be mindful when riding on the road. Safety first!
Almost never. It sometimes happens, but rarely. You rarely see them along the way in Hoi An and surroundings. But you have to ride slowly and carefully for your and others’ safety. It is a must.
Need help? Text/call us via WhatsApp +84 9356 40064 or Live chat with us.